To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join Blue Hat in a Senior Consulting position. The role involves 30% hands-on and 70% management of teams. Working with a wide range of clients, you will be working hands-on developing prototypes for clients and scoping programs of work, you will then lead the programmes working with Blue Hat Consultants and client staff to deliver data projects.
The role is fully remote but there is likely to be more time spent on client site as teams return from Covid.
Blue Hat was founded in 2016. We work on large complicated data projects for SaaS, Pharmaceutical, Finance, Advertising and Marketing businesses. Our vision is to be the best in class at offering data pipeline services. The business is owned and operated by it’s partners, and has grown by 300% year-on-year over the past two years.
What we are looking for:
To support our continuing growth plans, we’re looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our remote-first cross-functional tech team of engineers, data scientists & ML specialists.
Every project in Blue Hat is different and our teams relish the challenge of constantly learning. We are looking for talented engineers who are up for any technology challenge and love designing great solutions for clients.
- You’re experienced in owning solutions to complex problems and able to confidently direct resources as necessary to get the job done
- You relish the opportunity to learn new skills on the job, and you’re able to clearly communicate with more junior members of the team
- You enjoy working with tech leadership to turn high level plans into more detailed technical components and be comfortable working in an agile way to deliver working software
- You’re outcome orientated. You’ll take satisfaction from seeing the results of your work and developing other in the team.
- You’re customer focussed. Taking pride in build solutions that wow our customers.
- 4+ years of work experience with ETL tools (Data Bricks, etc.) and programming in Python, Java or .Net
- Experience with a range of relational and NoSQL Databases (Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, Neo4J, etc.)
- Proven experience in Data Modelling (Conceptual, Physical and Logical)
- Understanding of the value of “Separation of Concerns” and the ability to develop solutions based on this
- Understanding of Data Workflow and Process Automation
- Strong abilities in the development of Web Services and their Security Models
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Version Control, build automation, CI/CD tools and Test Driven Development
Nice to have:
- Ingestion of streaming real-time data (Kafka, messaging)
- Market base salary, with a generous performance related pay scheme.
- Ample opportunity to grow with the company as we scale.
- 20 days’ holiday in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Share options
- A flexible remote-working environment
- Laptop budget
- £1500 annual learning and development budget to use on subscription services or conference attendance
- 5 days a year of personal development time
- Regular team meet-ups across the UK.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org